The purpose of this job is to compile and maintain accounts receivable and accounts payable records. This position will also be responsible for managing the front desk operations such as answering the main phone line and greeting customers/visitors.
1. Applies Customer Payments.
2. Researches and solves payment discrepancies.
3. Processes credit card payments and credits.
4. Make adjustments to accounts as needed.
5. Prepares daily manual deposits.
6. Prepare and send out customer statements and invoices.
7. Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation, approval and entry.
8. Entering and tracking company utility invoices in excel.
9. Prints and obtains signatures on all accounts payable checks.
10. Distributes checks as required.
11. Answers all vendor inquiries.
12. Provide analysis on accounts as needed.
13. Performs other tasks or assignments as required to improve AP/AR accuracy.
14. Direct all phone calls to the proper locations.
15. Greet and direct all visitors as they walk through the door.
16. Performs filing and copying.
1. Detailed Oriented
2. Multi-tasking with Accuracy
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Customer/Client Focus
5. Team Player
6. Ethical Conduct
7. Results Driven8
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in hours is allowed.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Associate Degree in Accounting
2. One to three years previous experience in accounting
3. Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects; strong working knowledge of MicrosoftExcel; working knowledge of Microsoft Word; strong computation & organization skills; Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information; strong knowledge of accounting principles; Ability to operate a 10-key calculator and perform data entry with speed & accuracy; must be able to work in a team environment.
Work Environment & Other Duties:
1. This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
2. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.